Tuesday 28 January 2014

Estée Lauder double wear foundation Review

Estée Lauder Double-Wear foundation 




Review

My thoughts and opinions on this product! 




Hi guys,

Bringing a review to you today! Been a few days and was thinking what I could write and bring to you guys! 

Remember leave me a comment if you would like to see a particular post! Thank you. 

Basic details of the product


Product type: liquid foundation
High street/Drugstore: its a high end foundation by Estée Lauder 
Price: from €34-€36.50 
Retailers: Brown Thomas, Debenhmas 
Stars: 3 out of 5 




Links

Debenhmans: http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123008974799_-1

Brown Thomas: http://www.brownthomas.com/foundation/double-wear-stay-in-place-makeup/invt/46x1836x1g5y66

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/products/643/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/index.tmpl

My first impression 


When I first used the product I thought it was sticky to the touch and did not feel nice or smooth on my sick! I felt I couldn't work with it, dried very fast on my sick. Thought it was very light too. 



After using it


I gave it a few more tries and tried to work with it. Was a gift from my boyfriend and he spent a lot of money on it, so I would use it even if I wasn't mad about it. 

I started mixing it with my Rimmel foundation, which is darker in colour! They worked very well together. 

Because I am pale, the colour is ok but still leaves me pale and its just not a colour I like. I like to be tanned and bronzed, it's just a personal choice. 

So I mixed the two foundations, it made the application much easier and smoother on my skin. 

My mam tried the double wear foundation. She liked it was only too pale for her skin tone. 


Is it worth the hype and money 


When its gone, I will not be repurchasing it. For some people its their holy grail, sad to say not for me. I got bought into the hype. For  the price, personally for me it is not worth it. I have other "drugstore" foundations that are just as good and work well for me. 

Who is it suitable for? 


I have very oily skin. When I wear this, I never have to blot or re-apply powder. It has a strong staying powder as it says. If you have dry skin, I say you could work with it. Just do not apply powder and wear a nice moisturising cream under it. 

I do not wear a primer with my foundations. I would of loved to see if it would of made a difference in the application of the foundation. 




Overall review 


I cant say its a horrible foundation, it does work its just I did not personally like it. 
Would give it 3 out of 5 stars. 



That's all from me you guys! 

Please ask me any question about the foundation if I did not answer it. 

Do you have this foundation? Do you like it? Let me know in a comment! 

Talk soon 

Kayli xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment